0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2018 4:22 AM by heb

How to collect firmware inventory for all HCA in a fabric - how to translate ibdiagnet2.db_csv to human readable format

heb

I want to create a firmware inventory for all HCA's connected to a fabric. I don't want to run commands on all hosts as they belong to several different administrative domains, hence I depend on a tool like ibdiagnet which queries the data using IB calls.

Basically I get the data in the file ibdiagnet2.db_csv in hex, I wonder whether there is some tool or script to reformat the output. Especially I don't know how to reliably translate FW versions and Hardware types from hex to ascii or decimal. What I would like to get is a list with something similar to the output of ibstat

Host: some.host.com

CA type: MT4099    <<< plain text and not just a number >>>

Number of ports: 2

Firmware version: 2.40.5030  <<< no hex values but human readable >>>

Hardware version: 1

Node GUID: 0x24be05ffff90ed40   <<< useful to cross-reference to the output of other tools >>>

System image GUID: 0x24be05ffff90ed43

PSID:            HP_0160000009    <<< useful for later firmware updates, the fw image must match the psid >>>>

Additionally an attribute like hardware-family with values ConnecX-3, ConnectX-4, ... would be helpful to check if we have consistent firmware levels.

We have a mix of HPE, IBM and native Mellanox HCAs. 

Thank you, any comment or remark is welcom.

Kind regards,

Heiner