When I rebuild the packages, the debuginfo package is there! Then I check the building logs and files, it seems that all the user-space libs are not re-built at all. Only the kernel rpms are built.
I didn't find the switch in the script to rebuild the user-space libs, then could any expert help this?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Instead of re-compiling RPMS, I would suggest to have a folder with sources of the libraries compiled with debug symbols and use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to load files from this folder. That gives you much more flexibility when debugging the issue as you can make the changes on the fly, recompile in a second and use it. Also it doesn't require root access in order to install RPM. You might use newer version of libibverbs, libxml5 and other libraries in that way.
The general instruction is to open a RPM, extract archive, configure with customer prefix and run make install. For run time, use LD_LIBRARY_PATH. For example,
$rpm2cio -id <RPM>
$tar xf <TAR>
$cd <CREATED FOLDER>
$./autogen.sh ( if necessary)
$./configure --prefix=<PREFIX> --enable-debug
$make -j <N> install
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<PREFIX>/lib (or lib64)
Thanks a lot for your guide. I just read this reply. In the past days, I use the method of rpm patching and rebuilding, force installation for the debugging. It works and I can get the symbols, but very complex. The method you provided here seems to be very flexible. I will try this next time.