2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2017 3:51 PM by rliu008

Mellanox IS 5030 Licenses

rliu008

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me.  I inherited a couple of Mellanox IS 5030 switches.  I was able to log into the Web interface and it showed it had no licenses.  I also don't see any configuration for VLAN and multicast IGMP support.  Those are really the main functions I need.  Please help answer the following questions:

1) Are those IS 5030 switches upgradable to support VLAN and multicast?  If so, what license(s) do I need and where can I get some licenses right now?

2) Are VLAN and multicast IGMP support configure via the Web interface or CLI only?

3) How do I upgrade the firmware to the latest?  Website is not clear on the step by step instruction.  Where can I download the latest firmware and upgrade instructions for these switches?

4) Can these switches be upgraded to 56 Gbps?

5) Are these switches fully compatible with latest Mellanox switches?

Thanks for any help in advance.

• Re: Mellanox IS 5030 Licenses
          inbusiness

Hi!

I used Mellanox IS5035 some years ago.

Here are some answers.

1) Are those IS 5030 switches upgradable to support VLAN and multicast?  If so, what license(s) do I need and where can I get some licenses right now?

- No : This is a Infiniband switch, not Ethernet switch.

2) Are VLAN and multicast IGMP support configure via the Web interface or CLI only?

- No : Infiniband switch can support IB partition only.

3) How do I upgrade the firmware to the latest?  Website is not clear on the step by step instruction.  Where can I download the latest firmware and upgrade instructions for these switches?

- If you hava a contract you can update firmware via Mellanox support.

4) Can these switches be upgraded to 56 Gbps?

- No : You must change your switch to FDR14 or above one.

5) Are these switches fully compatible with latest Mellanox switches?

- Yes : IB specification has a backward compatibility.

BR,

Jae-Hoon Choi

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Mellanox IS 5030 Licenses
              rliu008

Hi Jae-Hoon,

Thank you for your reply.  I contacted support and got the switches upgraded to the latest firmware.  For others seeking the latest and probably the final version of the firmware, it is Firmware (latest.  EOL.  No more upgrades):  EFM_PPC_M405EX EFM_1.1.3004.