1 of 1 people found this helpful
I used Mellanox IS5035 some years ago.
Here are some answers.
1) Are those IS 5030 switches upgradable to support VLAN and multicast? If so, what license(s) do I need and where can I get some licenses right now?
- No : This is a Infiniband switch, not Ethernet switch.
2) Are VLAN and multicast IGMP support configure via the Web interface or CLI only?
- No : Infiniband switch can support IB partition only.
3) How do I upgrade the firmware to the latest? Website is not clear on the step by step instruction. Where can I download the latest firmware and upgrade instructions for these switches?
- If you hava a contract you can update firmware via Mellanox support.
4) Can these switches be upgraded to 56 Gbps?
- No : You must change your switch to FDR14 or above one.
5) Are these switches fully compatible with latest Mellanox switches?
- Yes : IB specification has a backward compatibility.
Thank you for your reply. I contacted support and got the switches upgraded to the latest firmware. For others seeking the latest and probably the final version of the firmware, it is Firmware (latest. EOL. No more upgrades): EFM_PPC_M405EX EFM_1.1.3004.