4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2017 5:48 AM by eddie.notz

HowTo Uninstall ONIE/Cumulus and Replace it with MLNX-OS

fdumont

Hi everyone,

I'am in phase to buy 4 x SN2100-CB2FC, so delivered with a preload Cumulus.

- 3 of them will be mainly used for training / testing / labs with my students and professionnal learner.

- The last one will be, perhaps, used in my own stable environnement.  (Yes ! 100G are awesome to play with !)

My questions are:

1/ I would have to regularly reset three of them in order to go back to a ''clean'' environnement.

I have read many things about it, but apparently i will need to ''reactivate'' the Cumulus license each time i reset. Is it right ? If so, is it always the same key or do i need to call Mellanox each time ?

2/ On the one that will be used for myself. I would like to uninstall ONIE/Cumulus and replace it with MLNX-OS. Cause i am mainly familiared with it.

Is it possible ? In my opinion, reading this article : HowTo Uninstall MLNX-OS and Install ONIE on Mellanox Switches , it looks...

Do I need to purchase a licence of MLNX-OS ? Or will it be integrated (''offered'') with the switch, as this is a Ethernet switch ?

Many thanks for all your responses !

Sincerely yours !

• Re: HowTo Uninstall ONIE/Cumulus and Replace it with MLNX-OS
          eddie.notz

Hi Fabrice,

see below:

My questions are:

1/ I would have to regularly reset three of them in order to go back to a ''clean'' environnement.

I have read many things about it, but apparently i will need to ''reactivate'' the Cumulus license each time i reset. Is it right ? If so, is it always the same key or do i need to call Mellanox each time ?

Answer - Same cumulus license file will work every time on the same switch

2/ On the one that will be used for myself. I would like to uninstall ONIE/Cumulus and replace it with MLNX-OS. Cause i am mainly familiared with it.

Is it possible ? In my opinion, reading this article : HowTo Uninstall MLNX-OS and Install ONIE on Mellanox Switches , it looks...

Do I need to purchase a licence of MLNX-OS ? Or will it be integrated (''offered'') with the switch, as this is a Ethernet switch ?

Answer - Please contact support@mellanox.com for this support contact question - please mention the Switch PArt number you are planning to buy