1 Reply Latest reply on May 8, 2017 4:30 AM by eddie.notz

Using MlxLink to Configure a Remote Ib Switch Through the Opensm Subnet Manager

jclark@rantec.com

One of the basic tenants of the open source community is to provide the community some access to query and to report bugs.

I invite anyone in the Mellanox Community at large to comment on how well this is provided. I ask this question since Ib which is the

bread and butter here is open source. But I digress...

I have mlxlink. It works fine to access my SB7700 once the subnet manager is up and running. The switch I want to configure the ASIC

on is right there in /dev/mst as I would expect. Using the Mellanox Firmware Tools I can use mlxreg to "show" all the registers I can see with

"show reg". The problem is, mlxlink cannot access any of the ports, or the device for that matter because it cant find PDDR. I am not really

surprised since mlxreg doesn't find/display that register in the first place.

Since Appendix C: in the mlxlink user manual clearly states it should access the ports on the remote switch and shows an example.

Why doesn't it work as advertised?

--jc