There are several things that can cause a Segmentation Fault:
1. Which application you are trying to run with libvma.so?
Note that Netcat with VMA on SLES 11 SP1 does not function.
2. There is also a known NetPIPE bug - Netpipe is trying to access read-only memory and there is Segmentation fault on NetPIPE exit- the solution is to upgrade to NetPIPE 3.7 or later.
3. Directing VMA to access non-valid memory area will cause a segmentation fault.
4. There was a segmentation fault issue in vma_stats when exceeding fds string length that was discovered in 8.0.4 and was fixed in VMA 8.1.7.
5. There was a segmentation fault issue when running with CTL_THREAD_NO_WAKEUP - was discovered in 8.0.4 and was fixed in VMA 8.1.7.