Starting from Windows 2012 and latter (including windows 2016 of course ) - all teaming drivers and support is now within Microsoft native OS NetLBFO
Mellanox is not involved whatsoever with providing module, packet etc...so it's all with MS to check whether CX4 or any other adapter adapter is in their support compatibility matrix
see also relevant NSDN documentation on that
Learn to Develop with Microsoft Developer Network | MSDN
SRIOV is not supported on SET team.
SET Compatibility with Windows Server Networking Technologies
- Datacenter bridging (DCB)
- Hyper-V Network Virtualization - NV-GRE and VxLAN are both supported in Windows Server 2016.
- Receive-side Checksum offloads (IPv4, IPv6, TCP) - These are supported if any of the SET team members support them.
- Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA)
- Single root I/O virtualization (SR-IOV)
- Transmit-side Checksum offloads (IPv4, IPv6, TCP) - These are supported if all of the SET team members support them.
- Virtual Machine Queues (VMQ)
- Virtual Receive Side Scaling (RSS)
- 802.1X authentication
- IPsec Task Offload (IPsecTO)
- QoS in host or native operating systems
- Receive side coalescing (RSC)
- Receive side scaling (RSS)
- TCP Chimney Offload
- Virtual Machine QoS (VM-QoS)
SET is the new alternative NIC Teaming solution in Windows Server 2016 and you can find more information about it here - Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) and Switch Embedded Teaming (SET)
Ok, so from release notes for WinOF-2 1.60 (1.60_FUR) this is a known issue:
954496 - Description: Windows Server 2016 Switch Embedded Teaming (SET) does not work in SR-IOV mode.
Hope it will be fixed in the future.
In OS Windows server 2016 with latest windows updates this problem has been fixed.
Please use our latest WinOF-2 drivers from http://www.mellanox.com/page/products_dyn?product_family=32&mtag=windows_sw_drivers .