Hi Rich Pope,
please take a look at http://www.mellanox.com/page/firmware_table_hpe?mtag=oem_firmware_download
Updating Firmware for HPE Enterprise Branded Adapters
HPE Enterprise and Mellanox have had a successful partnership for over a decade. HPE support engineers worldwide are trained on Mellanox products and handle level 1 and level 2 support calls. This enables customers to have just one number to call if support is needed. Mellanox products and HPE hardware give customers the best in class products and support. The partnership between Mellanox and HPE provides customers an end-to-end solution for HPC, Cloud, and Storage needs.
Please perform the procedure described below to update the firmware on your HPE adapter card.
- Visit www.hpe.com.
- Click Support and select HPE Servers, Storage and Networking (under Product Support).
- Enter the HPE saleable product name or part number in the search engine.
- Select the link for the device.
- Choose your product's Operating System(s) from the displayed list to download the published drivers and firmware.
Note: Each posting has a completed worked example showing how to query and upgrade.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.
Thank you, Talat.
At the time, the Linux admin guys werwe traveling and did not have
access to HPE contact info. I tried contacting NonStop support (which I
deal with all the time) but they of course didn't support the PC. But
nobody could get me any contact info and it was well hidden online.
Eventually I found a US number and after a long search she gave me a
German number, but of course they wee closed for the weekend by then.
HPE's support web site would not accept any of the part numbers of
serial numebrs that I had. Mellanox's support site did not list the HPE
part numbers - it looked like HPE had different part numbers from
Mellanox cards. I also could not find any instructions on firmware
upgrade, nor if we would be able to perform the upgrade while running
RHEL 7.3. I also figured that Mellanox would not provide any direct
support since we were an HPE customer. I don't have a lot of use for
"OEM" arrangements where the OEM doesn't add any value or change
anything, but merely insinuates iteself between the end user and the
actual manufacturer - what I call "value subtracted" or
We werew able to backboot to RHEL 7.1 kernel so I could continue with IB
work over the weekend. This morning (European time) the Linux admin
noticed that RedHat support has a typo in the version number. He was
able to get the required firmware from HPE website and reflash (I don't
know the details) the HPE/Mellanox card. The Mellanox works on RHEL 7.3
now. We still have a problem with LD_PRELOAD libvma, which was the
reason for 7.3 upgrade, but we just reported that to RedHat support
(which is really first rate).
So, tempest in a teapot. Unfortunately came at the worst possible time
when everyone - including this forum - was offline for the weekend.