7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2014 9:38 AM by giuseppe

IpoIB transfer rate 70 mb/s......

Hello, i'm trying to create a home lab with infiniband hardware, here is my setup :

1 x Qlogic 12300-BS01 (Subnet manager integrated) flashed with latest intel firmware

1 x Poweredge r300 with mellanox hca MHQH19-XTC (flashed with latest mellanox firmware)

1 x Poweredge r300 with mellanox hca MHQH19-XTC (flashed with latest mellanox firmware)

On each server i installed esxi 5.5, hca drivers, ofed.... etc. (i followed this guide Erik Bussink | InfiniBand install & config for vSphere 5.5)

On vcenter server i created a distribuited switch, assigned the 2 hca MHQH19-XTC and set the switch vmkernel mtu at 4096

I created 2 linux servers assigned as network card just the hca MHQH19-XTC (not the server network card), assigned private ip address (servers pinging eachother) and i tried to transfer 10GB file between the 2 server but the transfer speed its ridiculous not more than 70 Mb/s....... somebody can help me to understand what's wrong in my configuration ?

Thanks