5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2013 8:38 AM by justinclift

OFED 2 SDP Support?? FYI OFED2 - ITS FASTER!

hi

im testing OFED 2 on Ubuntu.  its not tested on 13.04 but it works quite well except a few probs

But does anyone know if SDP is supported, I cant find anything in the docs about it, except a mention of SDP after page 150 in the manual, but it doesnt talk about weather its supported.

If i modprobe ib_SDP it comes up with "FATAL: Module ib_sdp not found."  which doesnt look positive.

the probs with 13.04 is that the infiniband diags dont work corectly.  ie.  a ibstat works, but ib switches, or ibhosts fails with

/usr/sbin/ibhosts: line 50: /usr/local/sbin/ibnetdiscover: No such file or directory

the ubuntu packages for RDMA srptools and infiniband-diags seem to be vers 1.5.4 and not updated, so ill compile them from source when i get a chance.

Why SDP well its faster than IB_IPOIB has less CPU overhead, and low latency, so makes sense for replication data,  And also for IB MySQL transport.  you can deploy servers over IB and connect your dedicated SQL serves over SDP making them much faster than IPOIB!!

and yes i added  “SDP_LOAD=yes”  to > /etc/infiniband/openib.conf

it says loading ib_sdp [FAILED] when you restart IB  /etc/init.d/openibd restart

FYI OFED 2 with RDMA SRP test is faster than 1.5.4! much faster, still to test with iSCSI over IPOIB.

i compiled 13.04 with custom drivers for SCST + OFED 2.  which all works well.  And want to use SDP with DRBD.

Any advice?