This post shows how to install Mellanox NEO Plugins in order to add specific system type provisioning templates (Linux host, Windows hosts, 3rd party switches, etc...).
This post is intended for IT managers who wish to configure and monitor the various network switches via Mellanox NEO.
Mellanox NEO admin should be aware of the network equipment and devices so that Mellanox NEO is installed with the relevant plugins.
Note: Mellanox NEO Plugins should be installed only after Mellanox NEO installation.
- Mellanox NEO 1.7 (or later) installed.
1. Download plugins from Mellanox NEO 1.7 Plugins
You can download all plugins that are relevant to your managed system types (Linux Hosts, Windows Hosts, Arista Switches, Cisco Switches)
2. Copy the relevant plugins zip file to the server where NEO is installed.
3. Unzip the relevant RPM. For example (for unzippping linux templates RPM):
# unzip neo-templates-linux-1.7.0-X.noarch.rpm.zip
4. Install the relevant plugins:
For installing Linux host provisioning templates, run:
# rpm -ivh neo-templates-linux-1.7.0-X.rpm
5. After installing the plugins, restart is required for the Mellanox NEO service.
# /opt/neo/neoservice restart
In order to make sure that a specific rpm was installed successfully, check the following NEO directories.
- When installing Linux templates rpm (neo-templates-linux-1.7.0-X.noarch.rpm), all templates files will be located at:
- When installing Windows templates rpm (neo-templates-windows-1.7.0-X.noarch.rpm), all templates files will be located at:
- When installing Arista templates rpm (neo-templates-arista-1.7.0-X.noarch.rpm), all templates files will be located at:
- When installing Cisco templates rpm (neo-templates-cisco-1.7.0-X.noarch.rpm), all templates files will be located at:
In case there is a problem installing one of Mellanox NEO external RPMs, make sure you are trying to install the RPMs on a server (or VM) that Mellanox NEO was first installed to.
When trying to install the external RPMs first without installing Mellanox NEO, you will receive the following error:
# rpm -ivh neo-templates-linux-1.7.0-X.noarch.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
neo-controller >= 1.7.0-5 is needed by neo-templates-linux-1.7.0-5.noarch