Mellanox's Messaging Accelerator (VMA) boosts performance for message-based and streaming applications, such as those found in financial services, Media and Entertainment, data base and data streaming applications. The result is a reduction in latency to sub microseconds and increase in throughput to as much as 100GbE line rate.
What is VMA?
- Kernel Bypass - Reduce Kernel overhead with direct application to network adapter access
- Requires no application changes – Provides standard sockets TCP, UDP (Unicast, Multicast) to the application layer
Mellanox VMA Benefits
- Lower latency - less than 1.3 microsecond with UDP/TCP
- Lower Jitter - Reduced context switches and interrupts optimize application networking jitter
- Lower CPU utilization - less overhead and more optimized provides CPU efficiency
- High throughput - achieve line rate of 100GbE
VMA Cuts Latency
VMA Brings Performance where Kernel Fails (illustrative)
Kernel fails to bring throughput to application layer. By bypassing the Kernel - VMA is able to achieve throughput for both RX and TX.