Here is the list of Mellanox switches and ports that supports LR4 module (Long Reach - QSFP), OPN: MC2210511-LR4 up to 10Km:
- SX1036 use ports 1,3,33,35 only.
- SX1024 use ports 50,52,54,56,58,60 only.
- SX1012 all ports
- SX1710 all ports
- TX6000/6100 all long-haul ports
- SX6036 (using ports 1,3,33,35 only in Ethernet mode)
- SX6012 (all ports, but only in Ethernet mode)
For 100G LR4 (4.5W) - supported only from MLNX_OS version 3.6.3004.
SN2700 user ports 1,2,31,32 only.
- SN2100: ports 1, 2, 15, 16 only
- SN2410: ports 49, 50, 55, 56 only. Note, when 100G LR4 (4.5W) is used, ports 51,52,53,54 should use cables or transceivers that consumes not more than 1.5W.
- The MC2210511-LR4 is also supported in the ConnectX-4 adapters (Ethernet port).
- The MC2210511-LR4 is not supported in InfiniBand ports. For InfiniBand ports, we offer other SR4 (short range) transceiver modules.
- This MC2210511-LR4 is used with single mode fiber (1310nm) with LC connectors, at a maximum distance of 10km.
- For 100GE links, we offer a different transceiver module: MMA1L10-CR
- Only "Mellanox" LR4 modules are supported on these switches.
- If a high power transceiver (e.g. LR4) is inserted to a port that does not support it, the link does not go up, and the following warning message is displayed: "Warning: High power transceiver is not supported" when the command "show interfaces ethernet" is run.