This post discusses the configuration and troubleshooting of Mellanox MetroX long haul systems - TX6240/TX6280.
|Long Haul System||Description|
|MetroDX - TX6000||up to 16 ports of 40Gbp/s to a distance of up to 1km|
|MetroX - TX6100||up to 6 ports of 40Gbp/s to a distance of up to 10km|
|MetroX - TX6240||up to 2 ports of 40Gbp/s to a distance of up to 40km|
|MetroX - TX6280||1 port of 40Gbp/s to a distance of up to 80km|
Each bundle of MetroX TX6240 and TX6280 consists of two systems:
- Long Haul system (TX6240 or TX6280)
- WDM system (EX6200)
The figure below illustrates the site connectivity (local and remote campuses).
Configuration Example (TX6240) - Site
Configuration Example (TX6240) - End to End
- Make sure all ports are in UP state. You must log into the web GUI of the TX6240/80 and enable the ports of the EX6200 – they are disabled by default.
- If the LED is Orange when the port is in UP state, check that there is a running SM in the network and make sure that there is no problem in the WAN (perform loopback test on the COM port (connect RX to TX).
- Make sure that the cables are connected properly - the right modules should be inserted in the right places
- Make sure that the optical modules are clean and suitable for use. You might experience connectivity issues if the modules are not clean (clear here for cleaning kit example).
- For the EX6200 alarms, refer to the MLNX-OS User Manual (Fault Management chapter).
- Expected Bandwidth is 40Gb/s (FDR10)
- Expected Latency is 200 micro-seconds for 40Km cable (5 micro-second per 1Km).
10Gb/s DWDM Optical Module
Note: This Optical module is channel 35 (CH35).
Ribbon Cable (MUX-DMUX side), OPN MEX62-RBN
Ribbon Cable (Optical Channel side), OPN MEX62-RBN
MPO Cable (MetroX to the WDM system), OPN: MC6709309-005